As a food bank, Feed My People Food Bank is a crucial link between food manufacturers, suppliers, and food assistance programs. Our large warehouse, complete with freezer and cooler space, allows us to store vast quantities of food and distribute it among our partners. As the only food bank in west central Wisconsin, we provide food to more than 125 hunger-relief organizations in 14 counties.
View hunger-relief agencies
View audited financials
Provide Food and Support to Wisconsin Hunger Relief Programs
Feed My People Food Bank provides hunger-relief programs access to millions of pounds of low-cost foods, helping them efficiently meet the needs of their community. In addition to food, we support our partner programs in many other ways including:
- Host workshops for program representatives to share ideas and to build their important programs
- Facilitate regional fundraising opportunities
- Encourage program growth
- Develop food rescue relationships
Free Food Delivery to Partner Programs
A team of staff members and about 30 volunteers drive over 100,000 miles a year throughout west central Wisconsin delivering food free of a delivery charge. Our six refrigerated trucks make it possible to deliver a variety of foods in larger quantities than what would fit in a personal vehicle. Together we're saving community resources and helping thousands of people struggling with hunger every month.
Become a volunteer driver. Contact Rick Sorensen, warehouse manager, at
Weekend Kids' Meals Program
Each week, we provide bags of food to about 2,100 preschool, elementary, middle, and high school students who may struggle with hunger when school meals are not available.
Various programs have been designed to target low-income seniors who may struggle with inadequate nutrition. Seniors have unique challenges including struggles with fixed incomes and transportation issues. Through collaboration with the Aging & Disability Resource Center of Eau Claire County and Meals on Wheels, emergency food boxes are distributed to many individuals who are homebound. In addition, small pantries have been implemented at numerous area low-income housing developments.
Healthy Food as a Priority
With your support, Feed My People continues to increase the amount and variety of fresh produce that low income families have access to and expand access to other food that promotes healthy lifestyles. The following initiatives promote and encourage greater access to healthier options for our neighbors in need.
- Fresh Produce Program: Last year 25% of all food distributed by the food bank was fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Nutritious Food Subsidy Program: Ensures there is a consistent supply of high-demand healthy foods available for the food bank's partner agencies. The food bank purchases items such as chicken, low-sugared cereals, dried beans, milk and canned fruits and vegetables and makes them available to partner agencies for the cost of shipping and handling.
- Healthy Choice Program: Encourages our partner food pantries to make diabetic and heart-healthy friendly foods available as a choice for residents.
Food Rescue Program
The Food Rescue Program saves millions of pounds of good, edible food from ending up in landfills each year. We receive donations of perishable and non-perishable items that have been pulled from the shelves of grocery stores and other retailers and quickly distribute this food to our partner agencies.