As the only food bank in west central Wisconsin, Feed My People distributes 7.3 million pounds a year to local agencies. We are a cost effective way to provide pantries, community tables, and shelters enough food so thousands of people can be helped each month.
Agencies Are Our Heroes
COVID-19 has produced unprecedented challenges for FMP's 200+ hunger-relief programs. While many programs thought they may have to close initially, most have remained open and many are doing more than ever to serve the hungry in their communities.
"We love being in the food assistance network with Feed My People. They have been a true support and partner during these challenging times," shared Barb Schweig with the Hayward Community Food Shelf (pictured above).
FMP has worked to support our partners in many ways:
- Support with creating curbside and drive-thru distribution models to ensure safety
- Sourcing, packing and delivering pre-packed food boxes
- Additional delivery routes to support increased distribution throughout west-central Wisconsin
- Twice monthly agency calls to share information and ideas
- FMP's first virtual Agency Gathering
- Management of the WI Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection's (DATCP) COVID-19 Food Security Network Support Grant Support for partners throughout FMP's service area
- Support in planning for backpack distribution throughout the school year